Date & Location:
Tuesday 13 March 2018, Paris, France
About the event:
Building on the success of its Forum in New York, Climate Action is bringing the Sustainable Investment Forum to Europe next March.
While the European market is leading the global climate finance market – advanced SRI and ESG strategies, green bond issuance, European Emission Trading System (EU ETS), COP21 and the French law Article 173, most European investors still haven’t aligned their investments with the 2C target. Much more needs to happen in the near future to scale up low-carbon investment and fulfil EU's determination to scale up its international climate finance contribution towards the $100 billion per year goal set for industrialised countries by 2020 and through until 2025.
The new Sustainable Investment Forum Europe will be taking place on Tuesday 13 March 2018 in Paris, France, gathering decision-makers from the investment community, European governments and think tanks to discuss concrete solutions to the current challenges of the European and global climate finance market.
Register your interest to attend now, and get your place secured as soon as sales starts!
Who will attend?
C-Level representatives and investment decision-makers from the European and global investment community will be present, as well as influent policy-makers, regulators and think tanks.
- European, national and local governments
- Asset owners
- Asset managers
- Commercial and development banks
- Credit rating and indices firms
- Research firms
- Large private sector companies
- Insurance companies
- Finance consultants
- Non-profit organisations and think tanks
Key topics to be covered:
- Understanding climate-related risks and opportunities
- Creating standardised European and global sustainability lexicon and disclosure criteria
- Good governance for financing the low carbon transition
- Mainstreaming ESG across investment portfolios and adapting investment strategies
- Understanding investment criteria to attract investment flows in sustainable projects
- Creating an enabling regulatory environment to finance the SDGs
- Established and new investment tools: green bonds, green loans and schuldschein
- Carbon pricing: redesigning the European Emission Trading System (ETS)